Aluminium profile system
Aluminium profiles have permanently entered the construction, furniture, advertising and many other industries. Their durable material, well-thought-out construction, easy assembly and lightness are just some of the advantages of these elements. Thanks to these and other properties, aluminium profile systems allow you to create durable and stable structures. Learn about the use, construction and marking of profiles and the properties of aluminium that affect their advantages.
What is an aluminium structural profile?
The aluminium structural profile is a lightweight element made of aluminium used in the construction of machines and structures. It has a characteristic repetitive cross-section and slots. Their shapes differ depending on the type of profile. In the profile cross section, you can distinguish empty polygonal internal chambers of various shapes.
Some profiles also have holes and drills for fastening systems. Aluminium profile systems are often anodized, i.e. covered with an anti-corrosive coating. It also protects the components against mechanical damage.
What are the advantages of structural aluminium systems?
Aluminium structural profiles have many valuable properties. They transmit into the benefits of the products. Among others:
- modularity - aluminium profiles are manufactured on the basis of standardized sizes and shapes. This unified system and simplicity of the profile construction make that they can be used universally in many different constructions. The modules are repeatable, so they are easy to replace;
- compatibility - aluminium profiles can be easily combined with other profiles. They are compatible with many connecting elements. The screws are manufactured so that they can be accurately adjusted to the slots;
- easy and quick assembly - thanks to their simple construction and lightness, aluminium structural profiles are mounted quickly and extremely easily;
- lightweight - aluminium is one of the lightest metals used in construction. The empty spaces of the profile chambers further reduce the weight of the parts themselves and of the entire structure;
- multitude of applications - aluminium profiles are used for the construction of machines, load-bearing structures, work stations or production lines. These multifunctional elements also allow you to build many other constructions;
- high load capacity and strength of the profiles - aluminium profiles can support very heavy constructions. They are also resistant to mechanical factors;
- aesthetics and anti-corrosion - smoothness and uniform colour of the profiles give them an aesthetic look. The profile aesthetics can be further enhanced by the anodizing.
Aluminium profile systems - application
Aluminium profiles have been used in many industries for years. They are intensively used in the production of machines, roofs and many other constructions. Structural aluminium systems are used, among others, as:
- construction elements of large-size advertisements and information boards,
- parts for building storage halls, tents and temporary roofing,
- elements for the construction of industrial lines and assembly stations,
- machine parts, including transporters, conveyors and manipulators,
- elements of lighting systems,
- profiles for doors and windows,
- balustrade parts,
- profiles for furniture fronts.
Aluminium - a large range of properties and benefits of the construction material
Structural aluminium is an extremely valuable metal - the best for the production of profiles. The profiles are usually made of alloys of this material, i.e. aluminium enriched with the properties of other metals. Due to its favourable properties, aluminium is ideally suited for both outdoor and indoor applications. The advantages of aluminium include primarily:
- corrosion, acid and oxidation resistance,
- plasticity, and thus ease of processing, cutting and forming,
- rigidity and resistance to bending,
- low density, which is shown by the lightness of metal,
- relatively low material cost.
What does the aluminium structural profile consist of?
The aluminium profile is an element in which we can distinguish three parts. These are the slots, mounting hole and the chambers. All these elements are clearly visible in the profile cross section.
The profile slot is the so-called T-slot because it resembles the letter T in shape. It runs along the entire profile. In cross section, it divides the wall of the profile in half. It is made to enable a connecting of the profile with another element using connectors placed in it.
The shape of the slot depends on the module and its purpose. The slot is characterized by properties such as outer and inner width and depth. The inner width of the cavity and its depth determine the shape and size of the connector that can be adjusted to the profile. The outer width of the slot determines the purpose of the profile.
The aluminium profile mounting hole is a round hole running along the inside of the entire profile. This hole is located centrally in the profile. It has self-tapping screws that can be used to connect profiles together.
Each aluminium profile also has empty chambers. In cross-section they have the shape of various polygons. Their size and shape depend on the intended use of the profile. Thanks to the empty spaces, the profiles are even lighter. They therefore affect the overall weight of the structure.
How to understand the aluminium profile module and slot?
The numbers given as the sizes of the aluminium profile are its modulus and slots names.
The aluminium profile module is its base size. It indicates the size of the cross-section side of the profile. The side length can, however, also be a multiple of the module. The sizes of the modules and the slots are given in millimetres.
Thus, the notation 30x6 means that in this module it is possible to find a profile with a side length of 30, 60 or 90 mm and a slot of 6 mm. There are also profiles that deviate from this standard, adapted to exceptional non-standard needs.
Connecting and assembling of aluminium profiles
Both assembly and connecting of aluminium profiles are so simple that they can be made by yourself. Structural profiles are fastened with special dowels or hangers. The latter are flexible, so you can easily bend and adjust them manually.
Connecting aluminium profiles is done without gluing them. We use special connectors for this purpose. There is usually no need for additional tools. However, you can tighten the parts closer together using a hand-held crimper that resembles pliers.
The correctness of the mounting should be checked by levelling.
What do you get by using aluminium structural systems?
Solid and precisely made aluminium profiles enable the construction of strong, stable and light structures. The most important benefits you get from these parts are:
- saving time and energy due to the simplicity of mounting,
- easy to move and transport of the structure - it is increased by the lightness of the profiles,
- the ability to exchange and replace profiles with identical parts,
- the same parts can be used for another purpose after disassembling of the original structure.
Why you should order aluminium profiles from SFB ALU?
Only the highest quality profiles will allow you to use the maximum of their potential and achieve full benefits. SFB ALU uses the latest technologies and materials to provide truly irreplaceable profiles to the most demanding customers.
- the lightest and most durable aluminium alloys,
- a manufacturer's warranty for all products,
- the most precise finish,
- the fastest delivery,
- a wide range of modules,
- the ability to create a custom module to order,
- the ability to connect aluminium profiles using our fully compatible elements,
- attractive price-quality ratio and favourable conditions for regular customers.
Order the aluminium profile system from SFB ALU and create solid, durable constructions
Get the system aluminium profiles that will allow you to build truly stable structures and reliable machines. Bet on high-quality aluminium alloys and the most precise finish. Choose the manufacturer and supplier of aluminium profiles that will allow you to build the most durable structures.
Order our profiles for construction of machines and structures or call to get our advice.